Mary Ann Munoz's Reviews > Travesuras de la niña mala

Travesuras de la niña mala by Mario Vargas Llosa

U 50x66
Sep 16, 2008

Recommended for: people who enjoy romance books
Read in November, 2008

The main character, Ricardo has always been in love with the "bad girl"; she is his obsession. His feelings for the bad girl have taken him across the world and back only to have his heart broken over and over again. He manages to overcome his feelings for sometime but always returns with an open heart.

The theme of my book is that you cannot buy happiness, no matter how much money or power your lover has, if you do not truly care for the person- you will not be happy.

When I think about the story of the "good boy", Ricardo Somocurcio, and the "bad girl" my mind cannot help but think of Akon's song Dangerous. This song describes how dangerous the feelings of infatuation can be on a male. The lyrics accurately describe the effect that the bad girl has on Ricardo.

This book has many twist and turns that leave you wanting more. It is surreal what Ricardo puts himself through for the love of a girl who does not want to be with him. This is one of the most enjoyable books I have ever read, it captures the reader with every line and detail, you have to read it to know what I mean.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Travesuras de la niña mala.

09/19 marked as: read

Jennifer Woollven Nice job!