Rachael's Reviews > Candid

liked it
bookshelves: review-copy, 2012, chick-lit, romance, reviewed, ebooks-i-own
Read from May 14 to 21, 2012

3.5 Stars

I'm not too sure what to say about this book. On one hand, I loved it - it was refreshing to see the book told in the viewpoint of a photographer. Being the sibling of a photographer, I (sort of) related with the photography related things Sienna thought/talked about. In addition, the romance between Lee and Sienna was cute, and I did enjoy it. The supporting characters were also likeable, and the plot was unique and quirky (but predictable).

My problems are relatively minor, but still bug me. One is Sienna's solution to "get back" at Jordan. She (view spoiler). I found her method to be a little shallow and ridiculous, and a little mean. However, in the end, (view spoiler). My other problem was with Lee's relationship with Sienna. Yes, they are cute together. Yes, I enjoyed the romance. However, the start of their relationship seemed so simple and easy, I wasn't really sure about it. Hopefully, it will develop in Focused, the sequel.

Overall, if you're interested in photography, on the yearbook staff/a journalist, or looking for a short, romance-y read, try Candid, because it's short and sweet c:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Candid.