Luna's Reviews > 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in this Strange World

10 Minutes 38 Seconds in this Strange World by Elif Shafak

bookshelves: fiction

I want to start off by saying that this is one of the most inventive and unique books I have read based upon the idea alone. But, this book is penned by a very talented writing and it just makes the book that much better. The first part of this book follows the 10 min. after death of a woman named Leila, who lived a very interesting life. You learn about her life through various memories that come to her in her last moments of life. It really hits home the "life flashes before your eyes" idea.

The second part discusses humility, society, and just being a decent human and how a system takes that away. How some individuals in life and in death can be discriminated against. It was a very interesting book that not only showed you the life of the characters, but also talked about society and highlighted how friendship can be such a powerful thing. I feel like this is a book I will be rereading because I feel like I can get even more out of it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in this Strange World.

April 24, 2020 – Shelved