Have Coffee Need Books's Reviews > Break Me

Break Me by Meagan Brandy

Break Me is the best sort of fan service.

Brielle Bishop is supposed to be a pawn in Royce Brayshaw's plans for payback. That would work if she didn't shake his world up five minutes after meeting him.

Okay, peeps, this book put me through the wringer. I laughed. I got pissed off. I cried my ever-loving eyes out. Royce has always been a mess, and his book could not be anything other than a love story of epic messy proportions. You love him, and you know he is going to eff it up from the start.

I didn't understand the animosity between Royce and Bishop that sets up the plot, but you need to have some crisis to have a story. Still, I loved Brielle, and she is a unique character to this series, very different from the earlier heroines. It's nice not having an in your face female. Something softer for the most in your face Brayshaw is a plus. But watching Royce fight himself while all the previous MCs pulled for him and tried to get him to disengage his head from his bottom was ironic.

Since I sobbed myself through an entire ten minutes of this book and Meagan Brandy rallied in the end to give readers a true HEA, I have to say that this book has a bit of something for everyone.

Highly recommend. Bring tissues.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary advance copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Break Me.

April 21, 2020 – Shelved