Crystal's Reviews > Rainshadow Road

Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas

bookshelves: library, 2012, read-may-2012

Rating 4.5/5.0

If you are looking for one of those romances that happens to two people who aren't looking for romance then this is just the book for you. I have to say I enjoyed every minute of Rainshadow Road. Both Lucy and Sam are troubled souls just looking for some form of peace, really just in the form of a solitary life. Lucy thinks she can do this with just her career, Sam thinks he can do it with his vineyard and a few women who come and go in his life with no commitment. Of course we know this means they will end up together. But the fun in reading this book is how it comes about.

Lucy is a great character and Ms. Kleypas does a wonderful job helping us understand why she is the way she is. The family dynamic is introduced and the reader sees how Lucy and her sister came to be the way they both are. I think this really helped to understand both women in the story. Of course you still love Lucy and Alice not so much. But the focus is on Lucy and Sam and the chemistry between them. Sam's family is also explained and I'm sure more background was brought out in the first book, Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor, which I have not read, nor do I think you need to read to enjoy this book. I will go back and read the first book (it's already on my Kindle) but I enjoyed Rainshadow Road on it's own. Sam is an amazing man, I like the hot, geeky guy. I love his t-shirts in the book and always looked forward to hearing about a new one. Just one of those little added details that made the book even better for me. Ms. Kleypas seems good at the little details. I also loved the addition of little Holly. What a sweet little girl who has tamed two big men.

With great chemistry, great romance and a plot that keeps the book moving, Rainshadow Road is one of those perfect romances to pick up and take to the beach. And I am looking forward to the third book in this series, Dream Lake, due out in August which is about the third brother, Alex.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rainshadow Road.

May 12, 2012 – Started Reading