~ Becs ~'s Reviews > The Darkest Passion

The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter

May 12, 2012

bookshelves: angels, cover-lust-i-has-it, demons, harpies, kindle, paranormal-romance, tattooed-hero, urban-fantasy, tortured-abused-hero
Read from May 12 to 17, 2012

Well, I really loved this. I'd taken quite an extended break from Lords of the Underworld but it didn't take long for it all to come back.

Aeron Keeper of Wrath, and Olivia make a fabulous couple - Olivia is a Warrior Angel despatched by the one true deity to execute Aeron for rescuing his little demon, Legion, from hell. She can't bring herself to do it as she's falling in love with him and, as punishment, she is cast out from heaven into hell and is a fallen angel. Her wings are ripped off by demons in hell and she crawls to the surface and this is when Aeron finds her, battered and bleeding and the story gets underway.

Legion is consumed by jealousy and barters a deal with Lucifer which puts them all in peril and sets in motion a series of events which will have the most awful consequences for Aeron - this last few chapters were a real shocker and the rest of this review will have to go
under spoiler tags.

(view spoiler)

I really loved Olivia - she was such a sweetheart and Aeron such a strong, protective male. They're my favourite couple of the series after Anya and Lucien. Aeron resisted his feelings for a good half of the book but in the end, he just can't resist her and he realises that they have something very special.

Minor gripe - can't stand the way that the characters lose the ability to use pronouns during sex scenes.

So on to Gideon, Keeper of Lies - I find the way he talks in opposites vaguely annoying.

4 stars paranormal romance

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Passion.

05/13/2012

05/14/2012
46.0% "Legion - you BITCH" 3 comments
05/17/2012
83.0% "Uh oh!"

Glamdring Aeron story is one of my fav in this series :)

Monique ~ Sinfully These series is one of my favourites.....loved them all but I too have a soft spot for Aeron. Look forward to seeing what you think:)

~ Becs ~ Lazy Sunday beckons then - will put my feet up with my Kindle.

Glamdring Nice review, Becs!

We still don't know what will happen to William. He is one of the remaining characters that I am really looking forward to reading his story.

~ Becs ~ Thanks Glamdring - I'm going to read through and get up to date before the spin off series starts.

message 6: by Baba (new)

Baba  Even though this is not my cuppa, your review is great, Becs!

message 7: by carol (new) - added it

carol I had this series bought me for Christmas but haven't touched them yet! One day. Nice review.

~ Becs ~ Thanks Carol - I find this series doesn't always hold my attention, actually.

message 9: by carol (new) - added it

carol Becs wrote: "Thanks Carol - I find this series doesn't always hold my attention, actually."

Maybe one day...cheers daughter ;-)

~ Becs ~ No problem Mom! ;-)