Shaunna Caitlyn | chaptersofhoney's Reviews > The Invisible Library

The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman

it was ok

I was totally here for this book. I thought it would be the series I can next sink my teeth into, however, I could not-

First - there are too many things happening in this book. At first, I thought the author was using their skills to craft an exciting world, but I think instead of the author used terms to justify a messy story. A 'chaotic world' should not be that chaotic. I was frequently scratching my head and wondering what was happening.

Second and the thing that irked me the most was how two characters that seemed completely platonic were all of a sudden, out of nowhere, and completely too soon in the book talking about having an intimate relationship or not. I really did scream "NOOOOO" - but what was more upsetting was the dialogue used to converse about so relationship. I can be pretty forgiving with sexual scenes because I think a lot of it can be subjective, and honestly it's hard to write, but as I read this part all I could do was shake my head in disbelief and disappointment.

The author did use that Kai character as a great way of explaining the worlds, the rules to the readers without having to use a lot of exposition - but unfortunately, that is all I could give this. Anyone more forgiving then I may find real pleasure in this read as it is a fun concept.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Library.

April 16, 2020 – Started Reading