Nicole's Reviews > Wicked Kiss

Wicked Kiss by Michelle Rowen

May 11, 2012

bookshelves: 2013

Actual Rating: 4.5

Wicked Kiss picks up right where Dark Kiss left off. The team still has to take care of the grays in order to save the city, but that's not the only problem they have to deal with. Oh no no no. There are much bigger problems that they encounter. And at first I was a little iffy about all that was going on. Turns out, it made for one hell of a story!

Even though there were a lot of plot lines to follow, it turns out they all wove together in the end. This story was more exciting and more action packed than the last one. The beginning started off a little slow and had a similar plot to that of Dark Kiss, but each chapter got better and better! I didn't want to put the book down once I got past the 50% mark!

Wicked Kiss had everything that I loved about the first one. The plot was extremely unique, the characters still acted like themselves despite what they've gone through, and Michelle Rowen still managed to surprise me! I didn't see a lot of the plot twist coming! Well, I actually did see them coming before Samantha (She was quite stubborn in this novel), but I was shocked that Rowen would actually come up with these plot lines! They were very unique and pretty...demented haha.

And while Wicked Kiss had everything I loved about Dark Kiss, it also still had the aspects that I didn't like. This time my issue came with Jordan. She accepted everything she was being told fairly easily. I kind of understand this because of what we find out about her, but I just wish someone would have a major freak out over everything. That would be believable!
One other thing that I didn't like was the fact that things were pretty repetitive. We kept reading things like "You're so stubborn" and "I am a realist." Yeah, I've heard this 50 other times already. And the realist thing? I didn't like that so much. Samantha claims to be a realist yet she accepts things fairly easily. Didn't make sense to me. And the thing is, she shouldn't be a realist anymore based on what she's learned and experienced! And it turns out this became her major flaw. I don't understand how she could accept a majority of things s easily, yet she can't accept what is staring her in the face. *sigh*

However, one thing was actually improved in this sequel! I had complained before about how I didn't feel that all of the characters were developed that well. Turns out we got to learn more about both Kraven and Bishop this time around! And boy do they have problems! I loved learning about their past even though it wasn't one full of sunshine and rainbows. It made their characters well-rounded. The thing is, only these two characters had more development. Samantha had a bit, same goes for Jordan, and even Connor had a smidge of development, but that's it. I just wish I understood all of the characters more. It would make me care more about them.

So Wicked Kiss ended up getting a spot on my list of rare sequels that are better than the original. It was a very entertaining story and I loved it! Definitely recommend you continue reading this series if you've already started it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Kiss.

May 11, 2012 – Shelved
January 1, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013
January 9, 2013 – Started Reading
January 9, 2013 –
page 76
16.96% "I'm not in a reading mood for some reason. It's weird..."
January 9, 2013 –
page 259
57.81% "Oh shit! :o"
January 11, 2013 –
page 323
72.1% "Each chapter just keeps getting better!"
January 11, 2013 – Finished Reading

Lis  Carcamo (The Reader L) I think is funny, too!

Marie Omm I loved the first book! Can't wait to see what you think!:D

Nicole So far it's pretty interesting. A lot more going on than what was happening in the first one