Kelly's Reviews > I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid by Geoff Herbach

May 11, 2012

bookshelves: ya-fiction, read-in-2013

"We have problems, but we're so lucky, too. That's the mortal coil. It's the whole thing, all of it, and it's easy to hate that mess in yourself, fight it, hate those who seem to cause it. But, whoever we sit next to in school is the same and whatever jerk you read about on ESPN is the same and whoever honks their horn at you at the intersection is the same. They struggle. Do you know what I mean? They suffer, too. We aren't alone. [...] We can act. Maybe not fix everything. But we can make it better for those others and that makes it better for us. I see it. I've seen it. Good comes back around."

Felton made me cry three times in the final installment in what may be one of the best YA series out there. I saw what happened to him coming, and it tore me up because I just like this character so damn much.

Longer review to come -- really, the quote up there says it all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'm With Stupid.

May 11, 2012 – Shelved
February 3, 2013 – Started Reading
February 3, 2013 –
0.0% "Seeing "2011 Cybils Award Winner, Young Adult Fiction" listed in the praise section will NEVER. GET. OLD."
February 3, 2013 –
page 80
25.89% ""These are Wisconsinites, man! You know how pissed they're going to be if you dupe them like that?""
page 120
38.83% "It is entirely possible Felton made me cry."
page 155
50.16% "No, really, I have been crying through the last 50 or so pages. I wondered if this would ever happen and it did and it makes me sad."
page 210
February 7, 2013 –
page 250
80.91% ""What did you learn from Hamlet?"\n "'s complicated."\n "That's my Facebook relationship status," Mr. Linder said.\n "Gross," I said.\n "You can do better than Facebook, can't you? Think.""
February 7, 2013 – Shelved as: ya-fiction