Alex Bennett's Reviews > Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood

Girls in Pants by Ann Brashares

May 11, 2012

Please check out Electrifying Reviews for more reviews like this, plus giveaways, interviews, and more!

The first two Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books created very high expectations for me when it came to this series. Thankfully, Girls in Pants met those expectations with no problem, and reminded me just how much I love this series and how glad I am to have discovered it.

Girls in Pants really has the same essence that The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants had, and that I felt the second book didn’t have so much. These characters and their unique and connected stories were better than ever, and it was great to see some old storylines worked into this book in the series. The girls’ paths really crossed over a lot in Girls in Pants, much more than in the first two books, and I thought that was very cool.

Ann Brashares is a great author, and after three Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books, I’m more eager than ever to discover what else she can come up with and how it compares to these books that I like so much. Her writing has a lighthearted yet serious tone, and the stories she creates are just great.

The girls have really grown up since the first summer of the sisterhood, and it shows in Girls in Pants. Bridget, Tibby, Carmen, and Lena have grown and matured so much, and I really enjoyed seeing how they act now compared to in the first book. My favorite character to read about in Girls in Pants was probably Carmen, though I enjoyed each of the girls’ stories.

Another fantastic addition to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, Girls in Pants not only met my expectations, it reminded me why I fell in love with these characters and their story in the first place.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girls in Pants.