Krissy's Reviews > Out of Time

Out of Time by Deborah Truscott

May 11, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: fiction

I was craving a time travel story and found this on Amazon at a reduced Kindle price. The reviews for it were good, so I tried it.

It was okay, but almost more of a romance than a time travel, which wasn't what I wanted. There were so many frustrating things about it regarding time travel and the lack of curiosity in the main character. For example, the time traveler and the lady go to the public library to research time travel on the internet and yet, never think to look up the dude or what happened in his family after he left. Some of it would most likely be documented.

She in general seemed very uninterested in his life in the 1700's. The traveler was interested in modern things, but seemed to pick up on modern technologies way too fast. I mean, my parents can't even figure out how to work their cell phone and this guy from the 1700's can easily drive a car and work other technologies.

And there are tons and tons of typos in the Kindle version. Well, not misspellings, but words left out. There were some paragraphs that could not make sense read as is. But, you could kind of figure out what was missing.

I need some good time travel books. I found a list on here and will be checking some of those out.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of Time.

May 11, 2012 – Started Reading