Ali *The Black Heart*'s Reviews > One Moment

One Moment by Kristina McBride

May 11, 2012

Read from May 17 to 19, 2012

How well can you really know someone? That is the question Maggie asks herself time and time again. As all the secrets and lies told by the someone she trusted entirely come out after his death. How well can you really know someone? Does it matter? After they are gone from this world, do the secrets and lies change anything? Do they change everything?

Those are the questions that kept my head in One Moment, nonstop, until I read the very last word.

The story is fairly predictable from the start. There are clues everywhere that lead to what Maggie eventually comes to realize herself. But that isn't where the tale really lies. It's not in the mysterious actions of her dead boyfriend and two of her best friends. The tale is how you deal with learning that the person you loved before they died wasn't necessarily the person you knew and the effect it has on how you cope with their death. Does it make it easier or so much more complicated?

Maggie is an endearing character from the start, she's real and you can easily relate to her. Adam is the nice guy, the type you hope your teenage daughter brings home. Caring to a fault and I instantly liked him. All the other characters where interesting and played their parts well.

One Moment is a touching tale of heartbreak, struggle, self-awareness, betrayal, lies, truth and healing. You run the gamut of emotions with this one but I think it ends in a nice fitting place.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Moment.