Kristina's Reviews > How Babies Sleep: The Gentle, Science-Based Method to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night

How Babies Sleep by Sofia Axelrod

Thanks to NetGalley and Atria Books for this e-arc in exchange for an honest review.

The title of this book pretty much describes what it's about--babies and sleep. The author goes over everything about what sleep is, the importance of it (for parents and baby) and details on night/nap sleep training. As a new first time mother to a 6 month old, I have actually read up A LOT on sleep training and the techniques, so most of the information in the book I already knew. One thing though I really enjoyed were the more science based information on things and case studies/real life stories. She has great charts to reference and an easy to read chart on quick solutions to sleep issues with your baby.

I definitely recommend this for parents who are interested in sleep training and want to know more detailed information on the topic. New parents need to take note on the section with helpful tools and equipment. Everything she listed we have/use and they really do help out. We were able to have our baby sleep through the night (up to 10 hrs straight) and nap successfully in about 1.5 weeks by using techniques she mentions in this book.

4/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Babies Sleep.

April 14, 2020 – Started Reading