Joy H.'s Reviews > The Rebels

Read from May 11 to June 10, 2012

Added 5/11/12.

=========================================
6/1/12 - Today I wrote the following at my group:

"I hope to finish the "Kent Family Chronicles" by John Jakes (a series of historical novels)."

"Right now I'm reading The Rebels, which is #2 in the collection. I find the books compelling, entertaining, and educational as well. This is history brought to life, the story of a family which started with a young boy in Europe (he soon changes his name to "Philip Kent") who emigrates to America before the Revolutionary War. The various books trace the family's experiences through all the stages of American history. Very exciting."
==========================================

6/10/11 - Finished reading this book. Great read. On to the Volume 3, The Seekers !

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rebels.

Mary JL I am delighted to hear you are enjoying the series, Joy. John Jakes' excellent blend of fictional characters mixed in with real histrocial persons makes these books imho excellent historical fiction.

message 2: by Joy H. (last edited Jun 05, 2012 06:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy H. Mary JL, you were probably the first person in our Glens Falls group to mention John Jakes. I always associate you with him. :) I had never heard of him before you mentioned him and his books! Below is a "copy&paste" of your post:
===============================================
Topic: What are U reading these days? (PART SIX) (2010) (1059 posts) Jun 14, 2010 03:56pm
Mary JL
message by Mary JL:
I read "Homeland" by John Jakes earlier this year. I am now just starting the sequel, American Dreams. So far, a worthy sequel to "Homeland".
================================================