Joy's Reviews > Tempest

Tempest by Julie Cross

719412
May 11, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: sci-fi-fantasy, fiction, paranormal, time-travel
Read from May 11, 2012 to April 17, 2013

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest.

Comments (showing 1-21)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 21: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy Funny how when a book isn't 1,000 pages long (GRRM), an audiobook seems to go really fast! I might read two books in the time it takes to finish this blanket!

Francine :-) You and Jim finished at the same time. He said to me yesterday, "The story just ended! It took my by surprise!"

Since I don't do audiobooks (except with him), I read this on my own and I knew when the ending was coming.

Did you like it?

message 19: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy I was listening to it on an audiobook, but I like following along in my (read your) kindle so I knew the end was coming. I did think it was sudden though. I also felt like as time went on, the chapters got a LOT shorter.

I liked it. I loved the story but I thought that the characters were too mature for the age they were supposed to be at. Also I hate pda so I hated all the kissing and such and it is obvious that it *was* written by a girl. Mutters something about stupid female writers that make books too romantic and unrealistic . . .

Francine I was very pleasantly surprised by the story, myself. :-)

BTW, I LOVE the fifth Mortal Instruments book! I can now see why the fourth was the way it is. It basically sets everything up for the fifth book and it's totally worth it. :-D Love it! Am soooo glad that, after the fiasco that is Fifty Shades, I'm really, really enjoying 2 books right now (Lamb is wonderful!).

message 17: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy I'm glad that you like the 5th book! I saw you commenting on someone else's status and was like arrrrrgh spoilers lol. I tried not to read once I realized where it was going :-P I am *SO* glad you are enjoying your books. I think you were having a dry spell earlier this year :-P

Francine Oh, you mean on FB? Yeah. I got someone at work hooked on the Mortal Instruments and she finished it this weekend. Are you going to read the 5th book?

message 15: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy yea on fb lol. That's great that she finished :-) If you look at my currently reading list, I am ;-)!

Francine I just saw!

Francine Oh, I saw that Bloodsucking Fiends also moved up the list - guess you're reading that too?

message 12: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy Yep I'm reading bloodsucking fiends while working on Matt and michelle's blanket. It makes me literally lol.

Francine Wait til you get to the 2nd and 3rd books. We couldn't stop laughing with the 3rd one! :-D

message 10: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy lol if this is any indication, I can imagine it. My biggest problem right now is that depending on the version, it might not be long enough :-/ I might have to add another book to my challenge haha.

Francine I found a version that was just over 300 pages (believe it's the hardbound). It's all the same - it just depends on how they print it.

message 8: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy lol yea I know . . . I'm just deciding if I should count it. I know you don't listen to the audiobook, but if you did, I hate the woman's voice haha.

Francine Which audiobook now? This started with Tempest, but right now, I'm losing track of which book we're talking about. LOL...

message 6: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! Bloodsucking fiends. The narrator is sooooooooo annoying :-P

Francine Actually, I did the audiobook with Jim for all 3 (Bloodsucking, Bite Me, Love Sucks). I agree that there is something about her voice that rubbed me the wrong way at times. HOWEVER...just you wait until Abby comes in in the 2nd book. She's hilarious and she sounded exactly like how I would have read her in my head! :-D I think the woman reading the books did Abby justice!

message 4: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy O ok! I will keep an eye out for Abby lol.

message 3: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy Re-reading because I forget a lot of it before I read vortex.

Francine Joy wrote: "Re-reading because I forget a lot of it before I read vortex."

Ahhh...that makes sense! ;-) So will this count towards 2013's book count?

message 1: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy That would be nice lol