MsMiz (Tina)'s Reviews > Almost Paradise

May 11, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: glbt-all
Read in January, 2013

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Almost Paradise.

message 1: by Ami (new)

Ami New author, but it has cute kid on the cover! I'm torn ... I guess I'll wait for your reviews on this :)

MsMiz (Tina) Ha, I know. I will take the hit and read it first.

message 3: by Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* (last edited May 11, 2012 06:17AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Cute kid and shifters! Me want!

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) This has the potential to be completely adorable.

MsMiz (Tina) I know, right. Seems to have all the ingredients.

Cole Riann Maybe, but it has all the ingredients that make it easy to bomb as well :(

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) But the cover is so CUTE, Cole! It can't bomb. It just can't.

MsMiz (Tina) Yes and yes. We will just have to wait and see!

Cole Riann LOL it is definitely cute, but you know how many Silver baby books we've read and how many have bombed?

Just don't want your hopes up sweetie :) Look at it this way, if it does rock, it'll be even better!

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) Good point. What's the best manny book? The Manny probably. That was Torquere. Daddy, Daddy and Me is pretty sweet too...also Torquere.

message 11: by Cole (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cole Riann Yes, those are really good. My favorite from Silver was the one by Lisa Worrall, um... A Nanny for Nate

message 12: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin ♥Laddie♥ wrote: "Good point. What's the best manny book? The Manny probably. That was Torquere. Daddy, Daddy and Me is pretty sweet too...also Torquere."

Would Frog qualify as a Manny book? If so then that was pretty darn good as well.

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) @Cole I like that one too

@Erin OMG, Erin!!! How did I forget about Frog???

message 14: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin Its Friday and its been a reeeeeealy long week!

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) Lol!! Yeah, I'll go with that.

message 16: by Cole (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cole Riann Yeah totally, Frog was awesome!

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) T minus 4 days until this comes out y'all. There's another baby book coming out on the 16th too from MLR!!

message 18: by Cole (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cole Riann There's a bunch of baby books coming out from MLR!!

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) Maybe they're releasing a bunch for Father's Day?

message 20: by Cole (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cole Riann Yep :) I'm totally siked! sike! jk, oh man i used to think that was so cool to say when I was like... 9.

But yeah, a bunch of them look really good. I think I'm going to get some for review, if I get enough done in time.

message 21: by Lauraadriana (new)

Lauraadriana I'm really doubtful of this one, but the cover IS cute.

message 22: by Cole (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cole Riann Yep, same here. But it is SO cute!

MsMiz (Tina) Ohhhhh, reminders. Thanks folks!!

message 24: by L-D (new) - added it

L-D I have no shame about judging a book by its cover!

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) @Cole Did you just say sike?? LMFAO!

Oh man, you guys, this book just has to be good. I need a good baby book.

message 26: by Snowtulip (new)

Snowtulip ♥Laddie♥ wrote: "T minus 4 days until this comes out y'all. There's another baby book coming out on the 16th too from MLR!!"

Oh that other baby book cover is completely for me, it has to absolutely be good...tattooed beautiful man with adorable baby...best cover ever!

message 27: by Lauraadriana (new)

Lauraadriana Umm this only has 79 pages!!!! WTF?!

message 28: by Cole (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cole Riann 79 pages at Silver is like 40 pages everywhere else! huge margins

message 29: by Lauraadriana (new)

Lauraadriana NOT HAPPY!

LaShonta I already pre-ordered it so I hope its good.

message 31: by Arzu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Arzu Me too. Guess I have to wait and see.

message 32: by Arzu (new) - rated it 2 stars

Arzu Snowtulip wrote: "♥Laddie♥ wrote: "T minus 4 days until this comes out y'all. There's another baby book coming out on the 16th too from MLR!!"

Oh that other baby book cover is completely for me, it has to absolutel..."

Yeah, I just love that cover. Countdown to Daddies by K-lee Klein So beautiful!

message 33: by L-D (new) - added it

L-D Yes - Frog was so good. I also just read Daddy, Daddy, and Me last week and thought it was really good even though the MC was almost TOO perfect and there wasn't enough ex-boyfriend closure at the end.

But I just read Butterfly's Child last night and stayed up until 1:30 because I had to finish it. It's not really a Manny book, more of a 'man discovers he has kids' book. So he's the "Jeff" equivalent of Daddy, Daddy, and Me. I haven't written my review yet but it's near 5 stars for me.

And let's not forget BOATK.

I haven't read a Nanny for Nate - adding to my TBR!

and I did NOT like the Manny...at all.

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) Have you guys seen this one : The Good Life by Diana DeRicci

I LOVE the face that the baby is making.

I love the Countdown To Daddies cover too.

@Cole and Laura I didn't look at the # of pages. Ummmm...I guess it's a short story.

@L-D I love Daddy, Daddy and Mae. It's just a really sweet and mellow story. I love the scene where the little boy tells the adults to give the baby back because she makes too much noise.