birdie's Reviews > Only Mostly Devastated

Only Mostly Devastated by Sophie Gonzales

bookshelves: lgbtqiap, contemporary, bipoc, i-ugly-cried
Read 2 times. Last read April 11, 2021 to April 12, 2021.

sometimes i forget how wonderful it is when a book brings you happiness in the form of joy, not pain.

don’t get your hopes up though, of course I cried while reading this, BUT THAT IS NOT THE POINT.

*4.5

it’s been a year since i first read this and it’s honestly just an amazing story that deals with…being a teenager. from sexuality to friendships to love to acceptance to grief to…everything. i fell so deeply in love with the characters and their dynamics, and i truly believe sophie gonzales has written a realistic and relatable book that makes teenagers like me feel seen.

this book brought me so much joy and most importantly: it made me hopeful. i think this story is one that can make teenagers fall in love with reading, so watch me recommend it to lots of people.

now, if you’ll excuse me, i’m gonna go manifest getting a friendship like the one in this book!!!

blog | bookstagram | more

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only Mostly Devastated.

April 13, 2020 – Started Reading
April 13, 2020 – Shelved
April 13, 2020 –
44.0% "I AM BINGING THIS IT’S SO ADDICTING"
April 14, 2020 – Finished Reading
December 21, 2020 – Shelved as: lgbtqiap
December 21, 2020 – Shelved as: want-to-reread
February 19, 2021 – Shelved as: contemporary
April 11, 2021 – Started Reading
April 11, 2021 –
page 0
0.0% "it's been almost exactly a year since i read this book and i'm so excited to reread it ugh! i just know this will not disappoint!"
April 12, 2021 – Finished Reading