Fazila 's Reviews > A History of Madness

A History of Madness by Rebecca Crunden

Check to my full review up on my website: CLICK HERE

REVIEW :

DISCLAIMER : Thank you Rebecca Crunden for providing me with an e-copy of this book. I am leaving this review voluntarily.

A history of madness is the second book in The Outland's Pentalogy series. I read the first book in January. I gave the book 4.5 stars. The world-building is fascinating. We have the mutants and humans at war with each other. Both species have their own views about how the world came to be the way it is now. The humans have ruled the world that emerged after the devastation with firm hands and is ruthlessly enacting laws and regulations to keep the citizens from finding freedom. The indoctrination of the Kingdom is deeply rooted in a falsified history. Things haven't changed much from book 1. Nate and Kitty are separated. Nate, Zoe, and Tove are all separated and sent to work camps. Nate is fed up with life and looks forward to dying finally for the crimes put against him by the Kingdom. Things are definitely shifting. The dynamics of this group are also changing with the situations they get put in. We see the group trying to get acquainted with the new life they were given. The world is expanding and there is more information about the world and the people before and after the Devastation. I really enjoyed reading Nate and Kitty's journey. There are more layers added to their characters and the story is taking us forward steadily with new developments. The world beyond The Wall is intriguing and I loved everything about it. The book ended on a very surprising turn of events and I can't wait to read more about Nate and Kitty and their group of friends. I highly recommend checking this book out and fantasy readers should give this book a try if you love a bit of Sci-Fi added into your fantasy with some cool technologies and interesting world. I gave the book 5 stars and can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A History of Madness.

January 22, 2020 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
January 22, 2020 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
April 13, 2020 – Started Reading
April 13, 2020 – Shelved
April 19, 2020 –
page 172
"I was not expecting that!! OMG!! I don't know if I can handle this..."
April 20, 2020 – Finished Reading