Rohit Goswami's Reviews > Salvation of a Saint

Salvation of a Saint by Keigo Higashino

did not like it

All said, this was a pretty terrible book. The mystery was implausible, the clues were missing. The characters were annoying, and the tone was undeniably sexist. Plus one of the characters is essentially shown to be a weird stalker. The characters have changed so much since the first book that it's insane. I can only imagine that the order of publication in English is not the true historical order. I honestly can think of no reason to recommend this, except that it is a short read. The mystery is only solved by the 'magic' of 'super sensitive' techniques.... Just. Not. Fun.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Salvation of a Saint.

April 12, 2020 – Shelved
April 13, 2020 – Started Reading
April 13, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Greg (new) - rated it 1 star

Greg Rohit, agreed, absolutely ridiculous. I don't know about you and your house/apt, but sometimes people need plumbers! She assumes that they will never need a plumber? That a person remodeling her kitchen would never take a drink of water? Totally ridiculous. And these 2 nutcases that get married in the first place? Why, oh, why?

Rohit Goswami Greg wrote: "Rohit, agreed, absolutely ridiculous. I don't know about you and your house/apt, but sometimes people need plumbers! She assumes that they will never need a plumber? That a person remodeling her ki..."

Yeah! It was completely ridiculous. Plus it was annoying as a mystery; since there were no clues which might hint at such an insane plot-line. I put down the marriage to "oriental societal norms"; but yeah that was a complete train-wreck too.

message 3: by Greg (new) - rated it 1 star

Greg Rohit wrote: "Greg wrote: "Rohit, agreed, absolutely ridiculous. I don't know about you and your house/apt, but sometimes people need plumbers! She assumes that they will never need a plumber? That a person remo..."

Yes, the marriage could be some kind of cultural thing I guess, gotta have kids. But specifically in 1 year? That doesn't make sense either. There is always a chance of a miscarriage (I read somewhere that 90% of all fetuses never make it to birth as mother nature-who always wins- takes care of certain issues, but I can't recall that source and the number might be high) or ANYTHING. Plot holes all over the place in this one.

Brenda Who is the stalker?
P.S. I live in Japan, and have never called a plumber in 20 years.