Amanda's Reviews > The Determined Hero

The Determined Hero by K. Webster

bookshelves: add-to-bookshelf, want-to-re-read

At this point in the series, I'd do just about anything to get to go to Mortuus. Each time the next book in the series is announced, I do a ridiculous happy dance cause I get more of my favorite aliens/Morts. I'm not sure what I will do when this series is over... I'll probably re-read them ALL again start to finish. I truly am obsessed with this series.

Quinn "Whisper" and Oz are an insta-love connection, and I enjoy the change up. Instead of having to start the drama at the beginning, this bibliophile just goes with it and immediately connects to her Mort. Giving more time to the bigger picture, and count down to the invasion of the "Kevins" of Earth. The way these two overly obsessed personalities connect is fun. Her love of books and spiders (it literally took EV-ER-Y-THING in me to not cringe when I read that... I do not like spiders, even in books lol) and his need of deviant toys and knowing how to make any and all things work, was like an introverts dream!

Again, like in previous books, more of Mortuus is "unlocked" to us. New discoveries of creatures, parts of command center, and of the world in general is like a treat for the mind. *Oh be sure to keep your eye out for a little "Easter egg" within ;)

I will continue to obsess over these books, and the newest addition is no different. If you are new to sci-fi or aren't quite sure if it's your thing, like me, then this is the perfect series to test the waters. Kristi and Nicole will convert you yet!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Determined Hero.

April 11, 2020 – Shelved