Kevin Swarbrick's Reviews > Amelia's Story

Amelia's Story by D.G. Torrens

This story truly captured my heart as well as my mind, Amelia takes you on a journey through her childhood and what a shocking one it was. Amelia found herself in the care system due to an abusive mother. I could relate to the story a lot as my childhood wasn't the best. I also had friends at school who were in the same situation and back then the care system was far from a great place to be in!
I take my hat off to Dawn for going through so much and is still here to tell her story, for a first time author this is a great story and I can completely understand why she had to write it.
It was good reading how she did bounce back from the nasty situations that she found herself in.
This story is well written and very easy to understand and for anyone who likes a true story then this is one for you, I am now looking forward to reading Amelia's Destiny. I do feel Dawn is an author to watch out for in the near future. I would also like to take this chance to say to Dawn, Well done on a truly captivated story and I will be following Amelia on her travels.

I am wishing you the very best.

Kevin.
n

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amelia's Story.

May 10, 2012 – Started Reading