Christine 's Reviews > Predestined

Predestined by Abbi Glines

May 09, 2012

Read on May 11, 2012

Wow. To say that this book took me by surprise is an understatement. I mean, EXISTENCE was fantastic. And, I had a hard time reconciling how poor Leif was just going to get left in the dust. I mean, who could compete with Death?! But, then Ms. Glines went and took this story to a place that had me floored!

So, I love Dank. I do. And I don't think Pagan should end up with ANYONE but him. BUUUUUT, poor Leif, right? Loyal, compassionate, stand-by-your-girl-even-when-she's-going-crazy Leif, is going to get dumped. Yeah, we see a whole other side to him in this book. As I've said before, I don't do spoilers, so I won't get into just WHAT Leif is. However, I will say that he is NOT who I thought he was. And I absolutely LOVE the direction Ms. Glines went with this. In this book, you'll see just exactly how much Leif cares about Pagan. You'll see just what he'll do to keep her. And, you'll see what levels Dank will go to, just to protect his girl.

I really do think that my favorite part of the whole book (besides the scenes between Dank and Pagan's mom), was how close Miranda, Wyatt, and Pagan are. There were some "peaks" from their past and I love that it just further builds up how close these three have been for most of their lives.

I wish I could say more, but I absolutely do NOT want to give this away! Just read it! You won't be sorry!

Christy @ Captivated Reading

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Predestined.

05/11/2012
05/11/2012
55.0% "I'm loving this book, more than the first one!"