PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•* 's Reviews > Killing Me Softly

May 09, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: thriller-suspense, chick-lit
Read from May 09 to 15, 2012

This book surprised me. It was not what I expected. To be honest, the book’s description on the back cover doesn’t give too much details on what it’s about and when I first began to read it, I asked myself “Why did I pick this one up”? Maybe it was because I got it on clearance for a buck @ the local bookshop. Nonetheless, I am happy I picked this one up. It turned out to be suspenseful and a good read. Here is what this book is about since the book description lacks some knowledge.

Alice meets Adam randomly on the street one day and they soon (very soon actually) embark on a passionate love affair. Alice is already in a relationship with a man named Jake but this does not stop her from pursuing something with Adam. Eventually in a week’s time she leaves Jake and her life behind. Adam is a mystery, his past is very secretive other than the fact that he is a mountain climber. Soon their sex lives begin to get violent. (This is where I would say goodbye Adam!). Alice thinks that it’s not a bad thing, maybe he is just into some Kinky stuff? She meets a woman who claims to be his ex and shows her welding scars to her and tells her Adam did that to her. At this point in the book even weirder things begin to occur. Notes are randomly left at Alice & Adam’s home…….

There were several times that I thought to myself “Come on now!” as I was reading this. This whole story is something that can happen in real life. & I’m sorry but whoever this has happened to is just plain dumb! To leave a serious committed relationship that you are in for some random man with 3 toes for sex, and get chocked out while you’re having sex, and get notes threatening that your being stalked, well your just a plain stupid woman for staying! I was a bit annoyed with Alice for her irresponsible life decisions and I thought she was getting what she deserved. Adam right from the beginning seemed like a macho-possessive man. I wasn’t buying his whole lustful mannerisms one bit!

The ending did surprise me though!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killing Me Softly.

05/10/2012 page 31
9.0% ""He had 3 toes & I bent down & kissed the place where the other 2 should have been". Ummm... Ok that is not sexy at all!" 3 comments
05/15/2012 page 242
67.0% "Adam is very suspicious.... I think he is the one dropping of these notes.. & Alice is a dummie for staying...too creepy for me!"
03/01/2016 marked as: read
show 3 hidden updates…

message 1: by Patrice (new) - added it

Patrice Hoffman This book seems pretty interesting judging from your review.

PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•* It was. It was actually better than I thought it would be.

message 3: by Patrice (new) - added it

Patrice Hoffman I'll check it out the next time I go book shopping.

message 4: by Ichang (new)

Ichang Kiel im so engrossed with this book im so eager to know the truth about adam

message 5: by Mary (new)