Christina's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

F 50x66

it was ok

I didn't even finish this book, I hated it that much. I really tried to get through, but just couldn't do it. I know I'm in the minority in this thinking, but this book was not worth my time. There was nothing redeeming or uplifting about the story and it was boring. I felt like having so many characters to follow was distracting. His descriptions are detailed but they feel listless. They are missing something and are repetitive.

This book is full of three types of people... Stupid people doing stupid things for stupid reasons; disgusting people doing disgusting things for disgusting reasons; boring people doing boring things for boring reasons. Look for detailed incest, pedophilic sex descriptions and extra-marital affairs for a boring cherry on top! The only thing I found slightly interesting was the direwolves, but even those seemed like predictable plot devices and underdeveloped. Bleh.

I feel like this was pretty much another Twilight, albeit aimed towards manly tastes. Overhyped, overly boring and lame with an inexplicable following - perhaps based on the fact that it is filled with (ill-written) forbidden sex, war, fighting and a throne made of swords (such a boring description). This book is a nice looking, but ultimately empty shell.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

May 9, 2012 – Started Reading