Emily's Reviews > Evercrossed

Evercrossed by Elizabeth Chandler

May 09, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: books-i-own

Oh god. Okay, so it's been a while since I've read this book, but I do remember I was so excited to start it! In all honesty, though, it was such a let down. Ivy and her friends go away for the summer. They help Beth’s aunt, I think it is, at her hotel/motel…whatever it is. I just feel like the book was so repetitive. They go to the beach, they go here, they go there. It takes a while for things to pick up. Finally, something big happens to Ivy, and Tristan, who’s supposed to be gone to the other side, does something he shouldn’t as an angel. A new guy comes into Ivy’s life and it’s just a big mess. I don’t know. It wasn’t as good as Kissed by an Angel, in my opinion. I read it because I was curious to see what would happen. I kind of knew what would happen in the back of my head once I kept reading, so the thrill and suspense wasn’t there like it was in the first set of books. The ending was good… Like with the first set, I didn’t expect to find a sequel, only to find out she was releasing YET ANOTHER book in the series, so I guess I was excited to learn what was going to happen, just because they MENTION Gregory, who’s ((SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN’T READ KISSED BY AN ANGEL)) supposed to be dead, but that was about the only reason why I wanted to keep reading. Sigh. Just thinking about this book brings back my feeling of disappointment! I also feel like the synopsis kind of just gives EVERYTHING away, basically. There really isn’t much more to the book. I guess they needed something to appeal to readers, right? Total disappointment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evercrossed.