Bookshelf Obsessions's Reviews > To the Rude Guy in Apartment Five

To the Rude Guy in Apartment Five by J.S. Cooper

liked it

wordswag_1590352511122

I was intrigued by the blurb, but the story couldn’t keep my attention. I hate giving low ratings. This book just wasn’t my cup of tea. I first downloaded a sample of this since this is a new to me author and I looooooved the banter between the H and h. There was obviously more going on with these two than meets the eye and I was engrossed. I loved Jagger's playfulness and equally loved Magnolia’s quirkiness.

After purchasing the book, it took on a slightly different vibe. The hilarity of Jagger faded into a “grow the eff up” attitude and Magnolia was just annoying. The storyline quickly deteriorated for me finding out that both the MC’s were in relationships with the others sibling right before ***t hit the fan. I also did not find Magnolia’s new job believable, but maybe it’s possible for someone to get a job through an agency that lies to their applicants to place people in a career they know nothing about unbeknownst to the owner of said company they were hired to work for.

While I do not discourage others from reading this book, I probably won’t be reading this author in the future.

Hey book whores, if you want to follow me, you can find me here

PicsArt_09-12-08.03.15 PicsArt_09-12-08.03.44 PicsArt_09-12-08.04.13

wordswag_1516374049629

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To the Rude Guy in Apartment Five.

April 7, 2020 – Started Reading