Josheka's Reviews > Kiss Crush Collide

Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith

did not like it
bookshelves: e-book, ya-contemporary, ya-romance

More of my reviews @ Reading 24x7

I had a lot of hopes from this book, mainly because of the fact that I loved the cover and the blurb made the book seem quite promising. Sadly, the book was anything but.

The story-line was at the most, okay-ish. As much I wanted to, I couldn't relate with even a single character in the story and the pace was just too fast for me to keep up. I mean, one second, Leah is attending an event with her boyfriend and the in the next instant she's making out with a guy who happens to be a complete stranger. What kind of a girl does that? *cough*hoe*cough*
And even after realizing that she was completely enchanted with that guy, she still didn't have the guts to break up with her boyfriend, all the while justifying her actions by blaming it on her sisters, her mother, her family.
It actually seemed like she was just extremely embarrassed of her crush and was just too spine-less to admit it to herself.
"Oh my, I can't break up with my stupid boyfriend for the guy I actually like because you know, my mommy would be mad at me if I try to actually make one decision in my life that's my own. So I guess I'll just make out with BOTH the guys and keep on crying about my sad, sad life." Oh, Leah, how traumatic. Really.

Frankly, Leah was a spoiled, self-centered brat who didn't know what she wanted from life and because of that, kept whining on and on and on for no reasons at all.

I don't even want to begin with her "crush". The guy needed psychiatric help ASAP. I mean, he treats the girl like a casualty first, doesn't do a SINGLE boyfriend-ish thing and then he gets surprised that the girl he takes out for a ride and make-out session once in a while happens to have an actual boyfriend! Oh em gee, I totally didn't see that one coming! Not.

Everything, from Leah's family to her best friends screamed DUMB throughout the story. I've honestly lost count of how many times I rolled my eyes while reading this novel and I don't think I'm gonna suggest this book to anyone. However, that's just my opinion. :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Crush Collide.

May 9, 2012 – Shelved
July 8, 2013 – Started Reading
July 8, 2013 –
page 217
69.33% "Leah is so dumb, my 9 year old sis has better thinking skills than her. Right now, I'm sort of wishing she finally realizes that she's too stupid to live in this world and jumps off a building or something. Seriously. -___-"
July 19, 2013 – Shelved as: e-book