Danica Page (One Page at a Time)'s Reviews > Wish You Were Here

Wish You Were Here by Beth K. Vogt

May 09, 2012

bookshelves: romance, contemporary, realistic-fiction, relationships, christian-fiction, family-issues, family-relations
Read from May 08 to 09, 2012 — I own a copy

This is a condensed version of my review. The extended version can be found here.

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimers: I received this book from the publisher (Howard Books) in exchange for my honest opinion.

My Overall Thought/Impressions: I thoroughly adored this novel. It was touching, hilarious, and just an overall cute read. This was Vogt's debut novel and I for one can't wait to see what this author comes up with next.

I loved the characters Daniel and Allison from the very start. The very first time they talked together I just fell in love with both of them and how they acted around each other. Granted, that proved to be slightly problematic, because Daniel was the groom's brother and not the groom. I have only seen bits and pieces of the Runaway Bride, but this was a cute spin-off of that movie.

Beth's writing allowed the story to flow smoothly. I can honestly say that it had me laughing in all the right places. Then she would spin around and make me feel moved almost effortlessly.

The plot, I've already mentioned this briefly, but I adored this plot. Normally, the idea of seeing somebody get jilted isn't something I smile about, but in this case I actually really liked the plot.

Basically, this novel was a really cute read that I loved reading. I loved Vogt's style, her characters, and her ability to weave a story is definitely admirable.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wish You Were Here.