Shaunna Caitlyn | chaptersofhoney's Reviews > The Guest List

The Guest List by Lucy Foley

Oh wait, did I just get out of my reading slump?

This was one of my Book of the Month picks and I am so happy I chose it, because WOW!
I read a lot of thrillers - I absolutely love the genre, but it is a blessing and a curse. There are so many tropes and obvious storyline twists, that it could leave a little thrill seekers heart empty.

When I read the description for this and some reviews, I was sure that this was going to be a whodunnit- but that's not what this book is. You get a small, teensy tiny slice of the 'murder' - (however, you don't know it is officially a murder until the author wants you to know) and that's it.

There is no looking for clues as you don't even know what to look for. I thought this would bother me, but I was happily wrong. Reading a story like this one forces you to be present with the characters. Especially since there are multiple perspectives.

This story relies less on the |mystery| and more on the character development and their relationships with one another, and how they interact.

There are SO MANY SECRETS in this book and the connections are brilliantly weaved together. Everyone is a suspect until the very last page almost - which makes for an exciting journey.

It has been oh so long since I was left surprised with a thriller. The only dislike I had was that I wanted more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Guest List.

April 6, 2020 – Shelved