Proserpine's Reviews > Stained

Stained by Ella James

May 09, 2012

This story was full action-packed, after only a few lines, I jumped into this book and it was hard for me to put it down! The plot was intense and the characters were intriguing (Oh, Yes, Cayne!!!) and quite interesting.

As we start to read this book, we meet Julia, she's hiding in a ''cottage'' when she's almost hited by the fallen Cayne, a strange winged guys. This weird guy seems disoriented and injured but then another winged man appears and they begin to fight. We don't really know Julia or her past at this point but when Julia lay her eyes on Cayne we know that someting will come up from that encounter.

Julia possess a pretty nice supernatural power: she can heal, yes, nothing we haven't read yet, but she's able to see people aura. A fine way to read people emotional state. Above this, she seems to be resourceful, stubborn and nobody can put her aside! Exactly what the dark, mysterious, brooding and sexy Cayne seems to need! I give my dark/hot/sexy stranger guy for the eerie Cayne!

Stimulating plot: there's a lot of half angel/demon, half angel/human and demon stories out there but the author: Ella James, always maintain the suspense around her characters (Cayne and Samyaza) and the background situation.

I have a love and hate relation with the fact that the author decided to hides (for almost the entire book) Cayne's intentions and knowledge about Julia and the whole situation they got wraped up into. But it was also the right thing to do it!

Oh My God... what an ending! Everything seems to getting spiced up and I turn the last page and I'm left with THAT! Ms. James, you're a wicked author.... But you can be sure to have a new fan on your list! I'm looking forward to read the sequel (Yes, already release : Stolen)

I love the book cover, I find it mysterious and tumultuous. The mix of dark and bright color give a ''burst'' effect on the character: displayed by Julia on the cover and I it's quite ingenious.

I recommend this book to every YA PNR Lovers: you love war between angels and demons, this book is for you! Buy, borrow, put it on your TBR pile!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stained.

May 9, 2012 – Shelved