Julien Danjou's Reviews > I am a Software Engineer and I am in Charge: The book that helps increase your impact and satisfaction at work

I am a Software Engineer and I am in Charge by Alexis Monville

If you're an engineer and want to develop your career, this is a must-read. I've seen way too many engineers focusing on their technical expertise while what they would need to grow is their social skills. This book covers this aspect of your engineering career and what you need to understand and learn the ins and outs of being a senior engineer.

The first part covers a story where you follow different characters, which makes it super easy to read and understand the concept. It's hard not to recognize oneself!
The second part of the book provides technics that you can apply right away to your daily job and influence the way you work, getting better outcomes of the time you invest in your routines.

This is an excellent publication if you are ready to rewire your brain to take charge of your development rather than enduring your work.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I am a Software Engineer and I am in Charge.

April 5, 2020 – Shelved as: to-read
April 5, 2020 – Shelved
April 7, 2020 – Started Reading
April 10, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Alexis Monville Thank you Julien!
I really appreciate your review!