Amanda's Reviews > The Unwritten, Vol. 3: Dead Man's Knock

The Unwritten, Vol. 3 by Mike Carey

May 08, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012-reads, action-adventure, alternate-world, comics-graphic-novels, fantasy, fiction, mystery, relationships
Read on May 30, 2012

I liked this volume, but the lack of overall plot action underwhelmed me. Tom, Lizzie, and Richie have successfully faked their deaths and are now getting ready to confront Wilson about the conspiracy surrounding him. We learned more about Lizzie's past and her upbringing/training at Wilson's hands. Wilson manipulates everyone in his life as part of a master plan to undo the everpresent Cabal, something he openly admits to. However, Wilson's continuous urgings don't really make the Cabal's plan for world domination that pressing or scary. The villains of this volume spend most of the time plotting in the background. Meanwhile, our protagonists are still running around trying to put the pieces together and figure out what's been going; same old, same old. I did like the choose your own adventure at the end and thought it added a fun and meta feature to the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unwritten, Vol. 3.