Shivani Chauhan's Reviews > Love, Films and Rock 'n' Roll

Love, Films and Rock 'n' Roll by Swayam Ganguly

As the author belongs to Bengal, he exhibited several anecdotes about the place, crowd, and its culture. The characters are inspired by the common people, hence, helps you to easily be engrossed in the lives of the three chief protagonists. Besides, the side characters have been wonderfully depicted. Each one plays a significant part in the story.

The twists and turns mentioned in the book are also relatable. To follow our passion, is what we heed in this era. The youthful energy, if channelized into right directions can do wonders. And this is greatly presented in the book.

The title and the cover of the book are very appealing. Both grabbed my attention towards them. They are perfectly apt for the storyline. Even, the perfect heading of all the chapters are attractive that will add on to your excitement and curiosity. The tale is based on real-life situations with a pinch of humor make it more captivating. Some of the one-liners that were introduced in the story are hilarious. The author adopted a simple yet vivacious style of writing.

The insights of Baul movement and tradition clearly show author’s deep research and knowledge. Furthermore, elucidation of music bands, singers, film directors, actors makes the story interesting.

I find it an absorbing book. Instantly, I got connected with the youth’s state of mind, emotions, stumbling blocks, fantasy, relationships, friendship and family. The different stories of different people just get transformed after a simple rendezvous on a train which also turns to be a long-lasting bond.

All in all, it is a humorous, delightful, vibrant and touching story.

A light read that would ease you and definitely cheer you up!

Eagerly waiting the next one from the author!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love, Films and Rock 'n' Roll.

Finished Reading