Miss Kim's Reviews > Dead After Dark

Recommended to Miss Kim by: continuation of a series
Recommended for: paranormal fans

Shadow of the Moon
Sherrilyn Kenyon

I loved this quote from the heroine:

“You and I should have had a lifetime together already. I allowed my stupidity to rob us of four hundred years. I don’t want to lose another minute of being with you.”

I really enjoyed going back to Kenyon’s world in this one. Fury is a were-hunter who crosses paths with a were from his past. The girl he loved for so long that betrayed him and tried kill him. The story is short and fast paced. We get to revisit Vane and Bride, and the Peltiers. A nice treat for the Dark Hunter fan.

The Story of Son
J.R. Ward

Wow! I loved this story. It was my first taste of Ms. Ward and I am impressed. An all –work-and-no-play female lawyer is held captive in the basement of a vampire--a virgin vampire. They have three days together. I don’t want to give anything away, but this story rocks! I almost wish she were creating a series with these people. Well, one can dream. :)

Beyond the Night
Susan Squires
This one is a historical in 19th century England. A little different in that the vampire is the woman. She says there is a parastie that lives inside her that she calls her Companian. it seemed this may have been one of a series, since there were some references to her past and the Elders. The hero comes back to town after 15 years looking for his lost love. He finds something else.

Midnight Kiss Goodbye
Dianne Love
The hero has supernatural powers and must save his love from an evil warlord. The heroine is a witch. Neither one knows about the other's special talents.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead After Dark.

September 11, 2008 – Shelved
February 2, 2009 –
page 20
February 3, 2009 –
page 65
17.43% "I didn't realize how much I have missed the DH world! Great so far..."
February 4, 2009 –
page 81
February 4, 2009 – Shelved as: 2009
February 4, 2009 – Shelved as: dark-hunters
February 5, 2009 –
page 190
50.94% "This is realy good! I really like Fury's story, and after reading 'The story of Son', I'm geeked to read more JR Ward."
Started Reading
February 6, 2009 – Finished Reading
October 15, 2010 – Shelved as: story-collection-or-anthology

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

MelissaB This book is waiting for me at the library, it sounds good! Thanks for the review!

I am sure you will enjoy the BDB. How in the world did you manage to go so long without reading them?

Miss Kim That is a good question! I plowed thru the DH's all at once and then had to take a break from PR. I've got to order them soon.

message 3: by Tammy (new)

Tammy I like the quote!

Miss Kim Tammy wrote: "I like the quote!"

I liked it too. I need to add that it was actually the herione the said that.

Kathrynn Hope you get a chance to read the Black Dagger series by J. R. Ward. I think you will like it. ;-)

Nice quote!