Brenda's Reviews > Prey

Prey by L.A. Larkin

bookshelves: 2020-release, aussie-authors, thriller, arc, gift-from-author, reviewing-by-request, own-read

Journalist for The Post in London, Olivia Wolfe had always searched for the most dangerous stories; determined to expose crimes that flew under the radar. On the trail of a powerful story, she interviewed a source who was subsequently murdered. For Olivia Wolfe, that mean game on. The murders she needed to expose were horrific, brutal and unbelievably cruel. The person who had done the murders had been told to eliminate Olivia. Fearful but never showing it, Olivia would never back down.

Officials in government; police officers; there were many who were corrupt. Their hidden bank balances were proof of that. But could Olivia expose those responsible? Could she avenge those friends who’d been brutally murdered? She could only trust a few people…

Prey by Aussie author L.A. Larkin is the 2nd in the Olivia Wolfe series and oh my goodness! It was breathtakingly brilliant! Fast paced, full on action from the first page to the last, I couldn’t put it down. Olivia is a strong, determined and gutsy woman, easy to like and cheer on. Prey is an incredible thriller which I very highly recommend. Bring on #3!!

With thanks to the author for my ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prey.

April 1, 2020 – Shelved
May 1, 2020 – Shelved as: reviewing-by-request
May 9, 2020 – Started Reading
May 10, 2020 – Shelved as: own-read
May 10, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Tracey Allen (new)

Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum So glad you enjoyed it Brenda 😃

message 2: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Larkin Thank you for such a lovely review! You've made me very proud.

Brenda Tracey Allen wrote: "So glad you enjoyed it Brenda 😃"

I sure did Tracey!! Thanks for your participation in this :)

Brenda L.A. wrote: "Thank you for such a lovely review! You've made me very proud."

You're welcome Louisa - looking forward to #3!

message 5: by Carolyn (last edited May 10, 2020 05:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carolyn Terrific review Brenda! I really enjoyed the first Olivia Wolfe novel so will definitely read this soon :)

Brenda You'll love it Carolyn, thanks!

message 7: by Tracey Allen (new)

Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum Brenda wrote: "I sure did Tracey!! Thanks for your participation in this :)"

You're very welcome!

Laur (hiatus) I am so going to read this! Your review is excellent Brenda! 💖

Brenda Thanks Laur - such a great book!