Jennifer's Reviews > Rough

Rough by Renee Rose

bookshelves: vanessa-vale, renee-rose, wolf-ranch-series, arc-books-completed, books-ive-reviewed

I've read steamy cowboy books by Vanessa Vale. I've read hot alpha shifter books by Renee Rose. When I found out these two authors were teaming up to write books about cowboy shifters? I couldn't get my hands on this book fast enough! I just knew I'd found a new favorite shifter series. And if this book is an indication of how this series is going to be? I was absolutely right!

Boyd is a bull rider. A fun loving, playboy bull rider. But underneath his flirty ways, he's hiding hurt, pain, and rejection. He's just moving through life, taking it day by day, not really having a direction, or a goal in life. Until he gets a glimpse of a woman who grabs his attention, and won't let go! Now he just has to find a way to make her see that he isn't what she thinks.

Audrey has worked hard to become who she is. She's happy with herself, and her life, but there is still something missing. She wants the family she didn't have growing up. And even though Boyd is everything she didn't know she wanted in a man, she doesn't think he can give her what she's missing in life.

These two! There is chemistry, a molten lava heat that connects them from the very beginning. But there is so much that stands between them, keeping them apart. I really wasn't sure they were going to be able to work things out, honestly. But in the end, love always wins, and the authors pulled off an HEA that was spectacular! There were so many surprising twists and turns, I was kept guessing right through until the end! A great story, with wonderful characters, and an ending that stunned me!

book review banner

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rough.

April 1, 2020 – Shelved