D.C.'s Reviews > Rogue Rider

Rogue Rider by Larissa Ione

Read 2 times. Last read May 25, 2017 to May 26, 2017.

ABOUT THE BOOK: They're here.

They ride.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Born of a match between good and evil, four siblings stand between hell's minions and everything they want to destroy. They are the Lords of Deliverance, and they have the power to ward off Doomsday . . . or let it ride . . .

Jillian Cardiff came to this remote mountain town to forget the demon attack that almost killed her. Instead, she rescues-and falls for-a gorgeous stranger who has no memory of anything other than his name. Handsome, charming, and protective, Reseph seems like the kind of man whom Jillian can trust. But with hints of a troubling history of his own, he's also the kind of man who can be very dangerous . . .

Reseph may not know why he mysteriously appeared in Jillian's life, but he knows he wants to stay. Yet when Jillian's neighbors are killed, and demon hunters arrive on the scene, Reseph fears that he's putting Jillian in danger. And once it's revealed that Reseph is also Pestilence, the Horseman responsible for ravaging the world, he and Jillian must face the greatest challenge of all: Can they forget the horrors of a chilling past to save the future they both desire?

REVIEW: Ms. Ione has a way about her stories that take you from the very normal world into a world where Horseman, Vampires, Angels, and Demons actually do exist. Her writing is filled with such description that there is never an instant in the book where the reader loses sight of what is actually occurring. You’re drawn in, wrapped in the story, and engulfed in the drama.

And you love every minute of it.

I was hesitant at first, considering how Ms. Ione was going to bring credibility back to Reseph. However, within the first chapter I found I loved the idea and how she went about doing it. The entire book was gripping and held nonstop action and tension. The building of such beautiful characters gives the reader insight into exactly who Reseph is. He fully redeems himself and Jillian is a woman anyone would love to have on their side. She fights for everyone, and not only in a physical sense, and she fights for those who think they are weak, showing the strength anyone has inside.

I loved how Ms. Ione gave us an update on the other characters as well as closure on some. The entire story took me all of four hours to read and it was a piece I had a hard time putting down. Gripping, magnificent, and predicted for success are all words I’d use when describing this book.

Using a favorite word of Ms. Ione, five out of five stars for a fucking great read!
Larissa Ione

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rogue Rider.

May 7, 2012 – Shelved