Kylie Martin's Reviews > Whoopi Goldberg: Her Journey from Poverty to Megastardom

Whoopi Goldberg by James Robert Parrish

F 50x66
May 07, 2012

it was ok
Read from May 07 to June 18, 2012

I have read Whoopi's own book "book" and it was fab and funny. This book is very factual and a lot of research has gone into it to compile all the information. A lot of her films that i like were slated by reviews.

On a personal level my fun whoopi image has been shattered. Reading this i don't think she is a very nice person, she abandoned her motherhood resonsibilities and chose her career, she used to get knocked up regularly, so doesn't learn from her mistakes. Ok she's open about all of that and credit to her and she's not ashamed of her past, i think I would be, but thats me. She will cause offence to others and not care, or really see why she has to apologise. She said that fame wasn't going to change her, but if this is anything to go by then she is very argumentative and diva like around others she's filming with.

Regards her mixed relationships - i couldn't care less if she dates a white guy and neither should anyone else

Overall a bit of a disappointing book. this has become quite a collectors item and was imported from USA, please do not pay the asking prices of £40-£80 for it in the UK

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whoopi Goldberg.