Robin Carter's Reviews > Last Light

Last Light by Alex Scarrow

May 07, 2012

bookshelves: action-thriller

This book WILL be the thriller of the year, its a cover to cover gripping what if that will suck you in and leave you thinking, wondering and probably a hell of a lot scared about just how fragile our modern lifestyle really is.
I dare any of you to read this book and finish it with a clear concience about your carbon footprint, to not check the cupboards to see what food you have in and to wonder if leaving the city might be an ideas...those programmes about a better life in the country will not look so stupid to you anymore!!
(Parm)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Light.

Nola-lee Whole heartedly agree with you Robin,I wanted to rush out and buy thousands of copies and make a plea for it to be put on any schools curriculum. What makes it so effective, is that he literally hits the nail on the head. If someone does not become stirred from reading this, they must have no comprehension of just how "lazy" we have become, and how ignorant we are of our carbon footprint. I'd just moved back to the country a month before reading this, dare I say I almost relish a huge change in our world!

Robin Carter Thanks Nola-Lee.
have you built a survival pack yet?
My other secret love for this book is that Lt Robin Carter (thats me...Grin)

Nola-lee Hi Robin
Haha no don't have a complete survival pack yet, but must admit I've been stocking up on non-perishables a bit more!
If oil doesn't get there first, mother nature is racing there, we have become so de-sensitised to such a huge loss of life on a daily basis, myself included. Sorry I didnt reply earlier had computer problems...all good, just been reading more! :)