Carmen 's Reviews > Devine Intervention

May 06, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: disappointing, modern-fantasy
Read on March 21, 2013

Let me just say: I totally got tricked with all those 4 or 5 star reviews for this book. I was super super excited for this story! The premise is so great- just the kind of story I would love. But maybe my expectations were built so high it totally didn't reach the standards.

I was really displeased with most of this book- the characters and the story was just flat. No depth, no dimension, shallow, and it felt disjointed. So much could've been expanded to make the story better- yes it's a light hearted read, but NOT THAT LIGHT. Seriously, if it had been longer, I still would've read it if it made the story better. Expand more on Jerome's past, Heidi's character, why Howard was a freaking psychopath, etc. I also wasn't a fan with Heidi and Jerome's characters to start with. They were.. Kind of annoying.

I'm really regretting the money I spent on buying this book now, and I really wish such a great premise wasn't ruined like this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devine Intervention.

Summer YES. EXACTLY. MY GOD THIS BOOK WAS HORRENDOUS. I can't believe you managed to finish it. I read like half of it and thought, "Well, since it obviously can't get any better it certainly can't get any worse right?" Oh I was sososososo wrong. I had 80 pages left and I just couldn't do it. Nope. Not ever gonna happen.

Carmen Well I read half of it and I was like: I might as well finish it so I dragged myself through it and the ending sucked. Like couldn't they at least end up together.

Summer Think of it this way: At least it has a pretty cover. So u didn't pay 20 bucks for nothing. :D