Tari's Reviews > Murder in the Bayou Boneyard: A Cajun Country Mystery

Murder in the Bayou Boneyard by Ellen Byron

bookshelves: netgalley, wish-list

Pelican at Halloween time was pretty awesome! I never completely guessed the killer, because all the red herrings and clues were so good and leading in all different directions. I just sat back and enjoyed the ride. I got a kick out of Gran and her wedding plans right in the middle of a murder. I love that little Xander has come such a long way, and I can't help but feel that Maggie can claim some credit for that with giving him art lessons ever since she met Bo. Xander also taught Maggie that Halloween can be fun again.

That picture of Gopher on the cover is so darn cute! I think it might be my favorite cover so far! And yes, he did get to wear his costume along with his other dog friends. I've absolutely loved this series since the very first book, and I hope it runs for a very long time. Trips to Pelican, Louisiana are always a lot of fun. The baddies get theirs, and the wrap-up always gives that extra closure readers like. As always, I can't wait for the next book!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder in the Bayou Boneyard.

March 27, 2020 – Shelved