Kristin (Beneath Shining Stars, I Read)'s Reviews > Revived

Revived by Cat Patrick

May 06, 2012

Read from May 06 to 07, 2012

Overall Rating: 4.5 stars

Daisy is a part of a top secret project called Revive not as an agent--known as Disciples--but as a test subject--referred to as Converts. What does Revive do? Simply put, it brings people back from the dead; the downside? Every time Daisy dies, she has to relocate with her "parents." It's in Omaha that she meets Audrey, who she quickly befriends, and Matt, a boy who catches her interest on Daisy's first day of classes. Once there and settled into her new life, she'll discover things about Revive that will put a new spin on things and she'll have to ask herself whether or not she should do--well, I'll let you read Revived to find out.

Why hello there, standalone! Or at least, I'm pretty sure Revived is a standalone--there's an epilogue and everything, although I certainly wouldn't have minded reading more about Daisy and the Revive program. Asides from having a gorgeous--and slightly creepy--cover, the plot is wonderful and best of all, it's easy to follow along and it grabs you--or at least, it certainly grabbed me. I won't get into how much I loved Daisy's room decorating skills (and Audrey's) or how I wouldn't mind her helping me decorate my room--but let's just say that I loved the room descriptions, yes?

Then there was Daisy who, as a character, starts off a bit uptight--for a very good reason--and she definitely lightens up and gets a life in Omaha. I won't get into her past, what brought her to the program, etc. but I will tell you that she's allergic to bees--and that it definitely plays a part throughout Revived. Audrey was another character that I really loved--she became fast friends with Daisy and again, I really can't say much more than that without giving spoilers. And then we come to Matt, who Daisy can't help but find attractive and they're relationship is slow going at first--and there's trouble in paradise on occasion--but overall? They definitely make a cute couple and yay for boys who are understanding! But honestly, I think I liked Mason the best and I know that people might not like him at first, but it's really towards the end of Revived when he grows on you. Yes, he's an agent but he's also--er, can't tell you that. I do hope that you like him too though! (Just to clarify, he plays Daisy's father.) Oh, and God--a nickname for the guy running the program--is a creeper, just letting you know now

I loved how the plot was paced and it definitely kept me engaged from start to finish--but I should warn you, it isn't non-stop action, so don't go into Revived thinking that it'll be that way. Also, it's definitely more plot-centric than romance-centric (which in this particular case, I'm definitely glad of).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revived.

05/06/2012 page 22
7.0% "I approve of Daisy's decorating tastes; also? Etsy."
05/06/2012 page 34
10.0% "Houston, we have our hot guy."