Sam's Reviews > Crossed

May 06, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: library-books
Read from May 07 to 09, 2012

1.5 -- this book was insanely frustrating. I thought Matched was a decent dystopian novel, but this book felt like a giant waste of time in that NOTHING happened, and Cassia and Ky spent most of the book being all lovely dovey and perfect and it annoyed the crap out of me. I get it, they are meant to be together, but their relationship is just so flat and uninteresting that it's hard to care about what happens to them.

Also this book posed more questions than actually answering any. They constantly reference "The Enemy" and yet it was constantly glossed over and unexplained. While it's more focused on the Rising, Condie makes that event seem glossed over and unimportant until the very end. I felt like there was nothing happening in this novel, and while the author's writing is stunning at times, that doesn't make up for the lack of plot, the characters taking a huge nosedive, and this book being 300+ pages of hot air. I'm not sure if I'll be reading the last book now, but I do hope it wraps everything up instead of asking more questions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossed.

05/08 page 62
05/08 page 152
41.0% "Very frustrated with this book."
05/08 page 152
41.0% "Very frustrated with this book."
03/08 marked as: read

Molly Very curious to see what you think of this.

message 2: by Sam (new) - rated it 1 star

Sam So far I keep asking myself where the plot is. I feel like it's been non-existent.

Talia Noelle ^ Same. It feels like 90% of the book is walking with poetry, 5% is about ACTUAL issues, 4% is Cassia being unnnessacarily stupid and 1% is somewhat exciting