Samantha's Reviews > Secret Life of a Vampire

May 06, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: gave-up-on
Read on May 06, 2012

I read the first book in this series, How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire, years ago and vaguely remember liking it. Being in a bit of a book slump, I decided to randomly pick this one up from my used bookstore. Unfortunately, I couldn't even make it all the way through the story. I made it over half-way, but the story just was not holding my attention.

Jack is the son of the legendary Casanova and is constantly haunted by his fathers legacy. I was pretty interested in reading about Jack because of his heritage, but sadly he disappointed me. He was a rather boring character and while I enjoyed his attachment to the heroine, Lara, there was nothing that really stood out about him. Same basically goes for Lara as well. She's a cop and at first seemed like an intelligent and interesting character, but that quickly went down the drain. Her almost immediately jumping on the band wagon with her roommates crazy theories about what Jack is left me rolling my eyes. I mean seriously? She immediately starts thinking that Jack is an alien? I guess I just would've liked to have seen her try to rationalize the odd things she saw more. I ended up giving up on finishing the book because the plot wasn't offering me anything very interesting. Basically, a vampire is kidnapping young women and making them into his own personal cult-ish harem. Lara decides to be bait and it all goes down hill from there.

I probably won't be picking-up anymore books from this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secret Life of a Vampire.

03/12 marked as: gave-up-on