Tari's Reviews > Christmas Card Murder

Christmas Card Murder by Leslie Meier

bookshelves: wish-list, netgalley

These compiled short stories are always so much fun in getting a sampling from some fave authors. They always focus on a central theme, this one being of course, Christmas cards. There wasn't an actual murder in this book, but there was a death. Lucy's always like a dog with a bone when she's on a case, and it's always sweet when Miss Tilley can get involved and help out with her wide knowledge of people, since she's the town's oldest resident.

In the Hayley Powell short story, we got to know Sal's wife a little bit better. I'm pretty sure she's never been in the story this much. There was definitely a murder, and Hayley, Money and Rosana were each worried their sweeties might be the killer. I was a touch suspicious of someone but still a little surprised at the ending which was a really good showdown.

It was really fun reading about a craft show in the Knit and Nibble short story, since I'm not doing any for the foreseeable future. The next best thing of course, is to read about them. Pamela's daughter's favorite high school teacher was killed, and in her sleuthing, Pamela found out secrets that could be worth killing for. I loved how the showdown was set up in this short story.

Some great Christmas season reading, and I always look forward to this compilation usually led by a Lucy Stone mystery.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas Card Murder.

March 25, 2020 – Shelved