Connie Saunders's Reviews > Turning Tide

Turning Tide by Melody Carlson

There are so many reasons why I've loved the Legacy of Sunset Cove books by Melody Carlson and this fourth book may be my favorite. Carlson introduced us to some memorable characters in the first book and Turning Tide allows us to see how they've grown and changed during the years. Readers are entertained and enlightened as she continues to write about World War I, American society as it was during those years, and the Spanish Flu epidemic that ravaged the world in 1918. How ironic that many of the things that Carlson mentions are just what we are hearing and seeing today during our Corona Virus 19 outbreak! But through all of their trials and adversity, we see the citizens of Sunset Cove relying on faith and prayer to see them through.

If you are looking for a book that will fill you with many emotions as you learn about our country during the last year of World War I, you will want to read Turning Tides. I love that hope, faith, and family are stressed and I recommend it to all who enjoy Christian historical fiction.

I received a copy of this book from the author. I wasn't required to post a positive review and I am voluntarily sharing my thoughts and opinions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Turning Tide.

Started Reading