Stephanie's Reviews > On the Corner of Love and Hate

On the Corner of Love and Hate by Nina Bocci

liked it
bookshelves: 2019, adult-fiction, chick-lit

Emmanuelle is the daughter of the outgoing mayor of Hope Lake, Pennsylvania and her longtime friend, Cooper, is now running to fill her dad's shoes. While she thinks Cooper is the best choice for the town to keep moving in the direction forward, Emma also recognizes he needs to change his public persona and she reluctantly gets roped into helping with his campaign forcing them to get over their reluctance to work together.

This is a friends to sort-of enemies to friends to lovers story that is a cute and sassy contemporary romance if anyone needs a mood boost. Without a doubt, this is a sweet closed door romance that allows you to get lost in the characters. I can relate to Emma being a fellow Type-A personality, with disorganized people baffling to me. Cooper feels like an almost too perfect hero at times, with the all-American good lucks and being smart, but that is an archetype character for a reason (most people are drawn and want some version of it). I have to say I am also drawn to the town, as I imagine Bocci wants to happen. It would be a town that I would want to visit and spend a long weekend there going to the brewery, hiking around the lake, and so forth. For fans of Shannon Stacey and Susan Mallery, this is romance lend itself to escaping away from reality, even with it not bringing "new" to a standby classic romance frenemies trope or small town setting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Corner of Love and Hate.

Started Reading