Franny (The Reader's Edge)'s Reviews > Coveted

Coveted by Shawntelle Madison

May 04, 2012

My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

COVETED is the first book in the Coveted series by Shawntelle Madison. COVETED was provided to me by Random House Publishing Group for an honest review.

Natalya is a lone wolf, ousted by her pack leader. Most pack members view Natalya as a liability that is a weak link for the pack. Natalya lives a solitary life with her only contact with the pack through her job and her family. Although the pack are aware of her mental illness, they are not aware of the extent it has gone. Contented to live on the fringes until the return of Natalya's ex-boyfriend. Natalya has decided that she needs to make a change to overcome the debilitating effects of her OCD. Her estranged pack is facing a possible overtaking and Natalya seems to be the target. With the help of friends old and new, she attempts to overcome her OCD and the threat of the infringing pack.

Overall I enjoyed the book and it was a quick read, but it wasn't very deep. I was expecting deep. I'm not sure why, but the description and cover seemed like the book would have a lot of meat to it. There was a lot going on and the premise of the story was good. I really liked the idea of an OCD werewolf. In most books they almost seem infallible. I also liked the idea that Natalya really isn't a kick ass heroine. She is a mentally ill individual dealing with the daily grind and all that it entails. I'm still kind-of unclear as to why she and Thorn are no longer together. The addition of Nick was a good move. Thorn didn't really seem to have a personality. He was just this mysterious guy watching and protecting from afar. We saw a lot about Nick and got a good picture of who he is and his relationship with Natalya. With all that being said, COVETED left me wanting more. I enjoyed the read overall.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coveted.

May 4, 2012 – Started Reading