Pratibha Pandey's Reviews > My Ride, I Love You

My Ride, I Love You by Patrick Rangimant

bookshelves: 2020

MRILY is not a love story, but more a journey to reach the beginnings of the love story for all characters in the book. Since it was majorly set in a hospital, It was quite interesting to know of the personal life of the doctors/staff and appreciation for their efforts. It takes inspiration from author's own profession and life as a neurologist and made for a unique setting for me. All characters are fleshed out and have their own role in the story without any unnecessary drama. The progression from strangers to friends for Tawan and Mork are quite relatable and sweet. Their conversations with their respective best friends about love and their doubts give a lot of positive thoughts.

Kudos to the translator for the book to keep all the essence of setting, the casual banter, the cultural references intact throughout the book. The language is simple, the flow of the story is smooth throughout and even with an open ending ( or not ), this book is quite satisfying to read. Even though this is BL/ LGBT story, please be assured that there are no explicit scenes and the book can be read simply as a story on friendship and love and family. I can not wait to see this as a live-action show now.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Ride, I Love You.

March 21, 2020 – Started Reading
March 21, 2020 – Shelved
March 21, 2020 –
15.0% "Loving the set up for the characters and their work ..."
March 22, 2020 – Shelved as: 2020