Paula Phillips's Reviews > The Cupcake Queen

The Cupcake Queen by Heather Hepler

May 04, 2012

It makes me think that there are a few authors out there obsessed with the Beatles as The Cupcake Queen is the second book I have read that the main female character's name is "Penny Lane", the first was The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg.
In The Cupcake Queen , we meet Penny Lane who has moved to the small town of Hog's Hollow from the big city of Manhattan . In Hog's Hollow , Penny's mum opens up a bakery selling only Cupcakes , the bakery named "The Cupcake Queen". Penny wishing she could go back to old life and hang out with her friends hasn't taken the move lightly and when Penny assists her mother on a job in their new hometown , Penny makes an enemy for her school lifetime - Charity , the upside that comes from Charity though is that Penny meets a group of new and awesome friends including Tally , Blake and Marcus . About 3/4 the way through the book ,we read as Penny starts to find her way and form a future for herself in Hog's Hollow when she receives news regarding her parents that will force Penny to make a choice, to stay with her friends in Hog's Hollow or return to her old life in Manhattan?
What will Penny Choose ?
The Cupcake Queen by Heather Hepler is definitely what I would call a Pink Lit novel as is extremely fluffy , low calories and easy to digest. A sweet novel for Girls aged 13+ and a step away from the movement of Vampires to Dystopian - the Dark Fiction.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cupcake Queen.

message 1: by Akeyla (new) - added it

Akeyla wow for some odd reason I can't seem to get through it.Maybe I'll sleep in one day and just read it all in one seating.